AHI Holocaust Survivor Adoption Program
We want to tell you about something exciting! Here is an opportunity is become family to a Holocaust Survivor living in Israel. Many of these precious people are lonely, never receiving any mail or personal items. Most of their families have either been killed, or lost contact, in WWII. Adopting a Holocaust Survivor is a wonderful and easy way to make God’s love personal to them. Individuals, businesses, families, school classes, youth groups or congregations- anyone can write to a Survivor.
Here is how to adopt someone who survived the Holocaust:
- Fill out our Adoption Family Form with the basic ‘rules’ to adopt a Survivor.
- Once approved, you will receive the name of a Holocaust Survivor, personal history (if we have it), birthday (if available) and current situation information.
- Send them a card or letter once a month, a birthday or holiday card or some form of encouragement. Communication is also available by email. Once received your letter is translated and delivered. (No Christian, religious or evangelical literature please!) This is a KINDNESS PROGRAM – showing the love of God.
- Pray for the Survivor entrusted to you. Prayers bring blessings!
- Sponsor your Survivor or a monthly donation of $18 [£11/€14/65nis] or more if possible. Sent to the main office for the Survivor General Fund, it provides for the Survivors for special needs, costs of visitation, translation and deliveries. It also supplements an Emergency Fund for the Survivors. 100% of those funds are used for their care and all donations are tax deductible.
If you would desire to adopt a Survivor, please fill out and return the adopt application. You may do this online http://abundanthope.wpengine.com and send it by email or by post to the address below. After receiving it we will contact you on how to proceed.
Return Adoption Applications to: email@example.com -or by post to:
AHI c/o Nancy Kurtz, 210 Greenwood Dr, New Cumberland, PA 17070
All Survivor Donations to: AHI, P.O. Box 760183, San Antonio, TX 78245
-or- safe and secure Egiving donations online at www.ahi-il.org
You are welcome to call 1-717-592-0859 (US) for any questions. Thank you for your interest and compassion for these precious Holocaust Survivors.
Print version: 1 – AHI Adopt Introduction Letter 2-15